- 18th October 2017 – Juristconsult Chambers Litigation E-Newsletter – View Newsletter
- 22nd August 2017 – Mauritius Still most competitive – Journal of Strategic Marketing of South Africa – 2017 – Read More
- 05th July 2017 – Tax Alert: Mauritius signs the MLI on 5 July 2017. – View Newsletter
- 09th June 2017 – Juristconsult e-newsletter June 2017 focusing on the budget 2017-2018. – View Newsletter
- 18th November 2016 – After 35 years in Port Louis, Juristconsult Chambers, one of the leading business law firms in Mauritius, officially launched its new offices at 12th floor NeXTeracom Tower II in Ebène Read More
- 10th November 2016 – Advanced Course on the implementation of Common Reporting Standard in Mauritius – Juristconsult Chambers, sponsored by Lex Communications, conducted a full day Tax workshop on the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) entitled “Advanced Course on the implementation of CRS in Mauritius” on 10 November 2016 at BPML Conference Hall, Ebène. Read More
- 27th October 2016 – CSR donation to l’étoile du Berger, T1Diams and Chrysalide – Juristconsult Chambers remitted Rs 300,000 to the non-governmental organisations (NGOs) l’étoile du Berger, Chrysalide and T1Diams. The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) cheque-giving ceremony was held in the new premises of the law firm in NeXTeracom, Ebène. The guest of honour at this ceremony was the Honourable Aurore Perraud, Minister of Gender Equality, Child Development and Family Welfare. Read More
- 14th October 2016 – IFLR1000 2017 results – Juristconsult Chambers has been pleased to announce recently that Marc Hein SC, G.O.S.K and Nicolas Richard have been ranked as “leading lawyers” and Shalinee Dreepaul Halkhoree as “rising star” in the 2017 edition of IFLR1000 (Financial & Corporate). Juristconsult Chambers is also ranked in Tier 1 of the renowned directory that ranks law firms in several jurisdictions. Read More
- 9th September 2016 – The ceremony of handing over letter patents to newly appointed Senior Counsels and Senior Attorneys took place today at the Supreme Court of Mauritius. On behalf of all who were elevated to the rank of Senior Counsel, Marc Hein, Chairman of Juristconsult Chambers, gave a speech that focussed on pursuing the aim of serving the cause of justice and maintaining the highest level of ethics in the legal profession. Read the full speech here
- 1st September 2016 – Juristconsult Chambers is pleased to announce that Burty François and Shalinee Dreepaul-Halkhoree, both practising barristers at the law firm, have been promoted to the position of Senior Associates. After having spent 5 and 7 years respectively at Juristconsult, the two lawyers have been rewarded for the quality of their work, the appreciation of the clients and their loyalty to the firm.
Juristconsult Chambers’ Chairman, Marc Hein and Nicolas Richard, Managing Partner said the promotions recognised each lawyer’s capabilities as well as their legal skills and client relationship focus. “We congratulate them on their success and wish them all the best for the future”.
- 25th August 2016 – Announcement – Congratulations to our Chairman, Marc Hein, G.O.S.K, for having been elevated to the rank of Senior Counsel (SC). This title is granted by Her Excellency the President of the Republic upon the recommendation of His Lordship the Chief Justice. The title rewards his long career and contribution to the legal profession nationally and internationally.
Read more on Marc Hein here: https://www.juristconsult.com/team/marc-hein/
- 04th July 2016 – Marc Hein, G.O.S.K, Chairperson and Founder of Juristconsult Chambers was the guest speaker at the first session of “Inspire & Connect” at Flying Dodo, Bagatelle on 25 June 2016. This initiative of JCI City Plus aims to be a platform of dialogue and exchange between leaders of our society and the public especially young professionals. Its objective is to inspire and provide a new outlook on a wide variety of topics and current matters as shared by societal leaders from diverse backgrounds. The theme of this first session was ”Building the local and going international: The pathway to growing a successful event”.
- 26th April 2016 – The 10th Asia/Africa IFA conference will take place this year on the 19 and 20 May 2016 at Intercontinental Hotel in Balaclava (Mauritius). Johanne Hague, Tax Partner at Juristconsult Chambers, will be a speaker at the conference alongside eminent luminaries such as Pascal St Amans, Director, OECD; Liselott Kana, UN tax committee; Akilesh Ranjan, Chief Commissioner, India; Dinesh Kanabar, Dhruva Advisors LLP, India; David Spencer, TJN USA; Caroline Silberzstein, Baker and McKenzie, Paris; and Richard Ndung’u, KPMG Kenya. For more information on this event, click here: http://www.ifamauritius.org/registration.html
- 22nd January 2016 – Announcement: Appointment of Nicolas Richard as Managing Partner of Juristconsult Chambers.
- 5th November 2015 – Juristconsult ranks as Top Tier Firm in IFLR1000 (2016 edition): The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms.
- 23rd March 2015 – Seminar – Update on International Finance and Banking: Implications for Mauritius.
- 26th February 2015 – “Energy in Africa: Working together to keep the lights on” – Juristconsult Chambers and DLA Piper Africa have jointly organised, on Thursday 26th February 2015, a seminar entitled “Energy in Africa: Working together to keep the lights on”.
- 11th February 2015 – Breakfast Seminar: Energy & Infrastructure Projects in Africa – Thursday 26 February 2015 at 08.00 – Le Sirius, Labourdonnais Hotel, Port-Louis
- 06th Nov 2014 – News Alert – Juristconsult Chambers wins Corporate INTL Magazine’s Legal Award for ‘Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year in Mauritius’ & ‘Full Service Law Firm of the Year in Mauritius’
- 30th Oct 2014 – Corporate Social Responsibility: Juristconsult Chambers donates to NGO l’Étoile du Berger (French content)
- 5th Sep 2014 – Expansion of the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (IPPA) network
- 7th Aug 2014 – Tax Breakfast Seminar – Juristconsult Chambers held its first ‘Tax Breakfast Seminar’ at Le Labourdonnais Hotel in Port Louis on the 7th August 2014.
- 7th July 2014 – Recruitment Alert – We are pleased to announce the recruitment of Arvin Halkhoree and Camille Razalison.
- 12th February 2014 – Recruitment: Seychelles Law Practitioner
Juristconsult Chambers, in Mauritius, is currently recruiting.
- 13th August 2013 – Mauritius ranks 8th worldwide and 1st in the Sub-Saharan Region on the 2013 Index of Economic Freedom.