Mauritius has a vibrant financial services business sector and is recognized as a rigorous financial centre having the highest level of international compliance standards. Ideally located at the cross-roads of Africa, Australia and Asia, Mauritius offers a convenient platform for holding and structuring investments in fast growing economies.
Juristconsult Chambers is one of the pioneer firms in Mauritius and our members have over the years acquired significant expertise in providing advice in the Global Business sector.
Advantages of using Mauritius:
- Featuring at the top of investment indices for governance and ease of doing business in Africa
- Rule of law, democracy and political stability
- Low corporate tax and attractive fiscal policies
- Network of 37 active Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements
- Has signed 38 bilateral Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements
- Modern, efficient and well regulated financial services centre
- Guaranteed confidentiality in legitimate banking and business transactions
- Jurisdiction cooperating with organizations such as OECD, FATF, the UN and its agencies
- No capital gains tax, withholding tax on outbound payments or tax on dividends
- No currency exchange control
- A stock exchange opened to foreign investors
- Availability of qualified labour force and favourable time zone